- About Us
- Online Shop
- Engine & Aircon Treatments
- Glasscoat Videos
- Dealer Login
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is GEN-3GLASSCOAT?
The main chemical in GEN-3GLASSCOAT is a form of ceramic liquid glass that hardens into a coating which prevents oxidisation and maintains the new car look of the vehicle. The glass based coating gives surfaces water repellent properties and a smoother surface on paintwork, which allows any dirt to be easily removed.
2. How does it work?
The water repellent coating has a self-cleaning effect that allows a certain amount of dirt to be removed when it rains. The car still needs to be cleaned but without harsh chemicals and less water – helping to save the environment.
3. Is GEN-3GLASSCOAT suitable for all colours of cars and paint types?
Yes, all cars are easier to clean after having GEN-3GLASSCOAT fitted; it keeps water from beading which is one of the main causes of unsightly water deposits. If water deposits are formed when the car is cleaned in bright sunlight then the deposits are easier to remove.
4. Is GEN-3GLASSCOAT only used on cars and what will it protect on cars? Glasscoat is used internationally on road signs, outside walls and all painted surfaces to protect against dirt and grime. The core chemicals protect critical components in the space industry and electronic products such as insulation coatings.
5. What is the difference between GEN-3GLASSCOAT and other paint protection products?
GEN-3GLASSCOAT is an advanced ceramic formula that gives a hard coating that is impervious to the solvent and alkaline cleaners that are found in some car cleaning solutions and car washes. Other paint protection products are prone to removal by these chemicals.
6. Is there an Environmental benefit to having GEN-3GLASSCOAT ?
Yes, the coatings performance with dirt and grime means that you do not have to clean your car quite so often, saving on water and cleaning chemicals. The use of harsh aggressive cleaners with a high concentration of petrochemical based surfactants is not necessary.
7. How long will GEN-3GLASSCOAT last?
Correctly fitted, the GEN-3GLASSCOAT coating is stable for over five years on an average mileage vehicle subject to you also taking reasonable care of the car.
8. What if I have an accident or scratch the car?
GEN-3GLASSCOAT will not protect against mechanical damage. The car can be repaired and the GEN-3GLASSCOAT re-applied over the new paintwork by a Body shop. Check with your insurance company that you are covered for a specialist repair. If you do not have Glasscoat re-applied then there is a distinct probability that the paint on the damaged panel will oxidise faster than the other treated panels.
9. What about bird droppings?
Birdlime is extremely corrosive. Despite this, GEN-3GLASSCOAT gives you exceptional initial protection. However, you still need to remove bird droppings as soon as possible using GEN-3GLASSCOAT Birdlime Remover. This can also effectively remove insects and tree sap – these can also damage paintwork if left on the surface for long periods.
10. Will GEN-3GLASSCOAT give a higher gloss finish?
No, GEN-3GLASSCOAT effectively locks in the manufacturers shine for at least 5 years. GEN-3GLASSCOAT can be used on matt and gloss finishes to provide a hard protective coating. GEN-3GLASSCOAT does not add a temporary additional shine.
11. I spend every Sunday waxing and polishing my car and I spend a fortune on expensive products, is there any point in me buying GEN-3GLASSCOAT?
No (not unless you want your Sundays back!) Polishing cars may also remove layers of lacquer or paint from your cars surface.
12. Cleaning my car is such a chore but I still want it to look good and retain its value, is there any point me having GEN-3GLASSCOAT fitted?
Yes, it will make your chore less frequent, cheaper and your car will look newer for longer!!